Monday, August 5, 2013

(Not So) Health Nut

As a college student, sometimes I get sick of eating frozen foods and Wendy's and rewarding myself with Café Rio multiple times per week. (Ok.. I never get sick of Café Rio.) (What?! It's hard to get through the week, alright! I need pick-me-ups! DON'T JUDGE ME!)

So then I'll get on a health kick, and I get a liiiittle overzealous with my fruits and veggies at the grocery store.
I'm like, of COURSE I can eat two pounds of cherries, an entire watermelon, a whole package of cuties, 2 boxes of strawberries, 3 cucumbers, 2 heads of lettuce, a whole bag of celery (I don't even LIKE celery!), 10 apples and 5 tomatoes in a single week.
And honestly, I probably COULD if I were using that to replace all the junk I usually eat.

But does that happen?
Uhhhm..
 
Not exactly...
 
I can't give up my Café Rio addiction and I can't single-handedly eat enough produce to feed a small family.
And so, inevitably, two weeks later I still have an entire watermelon sitting on my counter; a head of lettuce, a pound of wrinkly cherries and a couple tomatoes in my trash; and 3/4 of a bag of cuties and 5/8 of a bag of celery still in my fridge, alongside my Café Rio leftovers.

What can ya do.

Run. A lot. And cross your fingers that it's enough to counter the 1000-calorie salad you just ate.
Solid strategy as far as I'm concerned.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment