Sunday, October 3, 2010

Things running has taught me about myself

1. First and foremost, there is a distinct possibility that I am directionally dysfunctional. Haha just kidding. It's an absolute certainty. It would probably be a good idea to memorize the street coordinates of campus..

2. I grossly underestimate stranger danger.

3. It's incredible how smells I encounter on my run affect the quality of my workout. For instance, smelling someone's fresh laundry drying when I run past their house never fails to improve it. Likewise, when I happen to run past a boy who wore enough cologne to leave a trail of his scent, I'm pretty sure I run faster. On the other hand, when I run by fast food places I feel like my lungs are filling with grease and my thighs are getting fatter which certainly makes moving them harder because, and I don't know if you know this, imaginary fat is heavier than actual fat.

4. Blisters on my feet from my running shoes (although probably 100% preventable) make me feel like a genuine athlete.

5. Brushing your teeth in the shower is significantly more refreshing than I expected. (..Okay that was a postrun shower discovery.)

6. Owl City just does not pump me up.

7. Neither does Justin Beiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment