Sunday, July 29, 2012

Two weeks ago, in a land kinda far away but still really wonderful..

I've been slacking on my blog posts :(
I'm busy, alright?
But listen.
Two weekends ago, Katie and I took off on a semi-spontaneous trip to California to visit our cherished friend and roommate, Caroline. The reunion was tender, and it was as if we haven't been separated from her for the last 9 months.
Coronado was gorgeous.
Everyone who lives there is so friendly and relaxed. The sea breeze carried in the constant sound of waves and smell of the beach. It was basically heaven, is what I'm saying.
We enjoyed many a delicious meal





Spent several hours lounging in various locations


Explored Orange Street







Visited the Del where Marilyn Monroe filmed Some Like It Hot
(and stole some fancy hotel soap)



Beached it up, of course




Played in/got dragged through the sprinklers


Went to the mall (and I made a terrific spontaneous purchase)

Visited the USS Midway








Hit up some street vendors, where Caroline had her future told to her via taro cards
And we spent our last morning attempting to shape our bodies into the letters to spell 'love' but we clearly underestimated the level of difficulty.





And naturally, we took an excessive number of pictures of ourselves.
As you can imagine, I didn't want to leave. But it was good times and such a good opportunity to escape from life and just spend time with my best friends. And I'm so so excited to finally get my Caroline back in TWO WEEKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment