Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving, I was nervous to go home. Last year I was surrounded by loud, lively, wonderful people, so I was worried that I would be discontent in the quiet company of my immediate family.
I am pleased to report that I was not once sad to be where I was. As I looked upon the faces of my family members, I saw so many blessings in my life for which each of them are responsible. I have been given so much, including the opportunity to spend a blissfully quiet and relaxing weekend with the people who have done nothing but love me for who I am and are eager to spend time with me. Over the course of my break, I enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving dinner made by my talented sister-in-law, had a fun and unique experience at a Japanese restaurant, saw Breaking Dawn pt 2, visited with some of the only people I liked from high school, and saw The Dark Knight Rises again. Plus I caught up on my sleep, ran some good miles, and took a kickboxing class. And of course I managed to neglect my homework.

So I don't want to be cheesy, but this wouldn't be a decent Thanksgiving post if I didn't include at least some of the things in thankful for.


I'm thankful for my family, who without fail have always been there for me when I was in trouble or felt alone or needed support, and have proven time and time again to be so dependable.
 
 

I'm thankful that I have the knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to guide my path and make me better and comfort me when I need it most.

I'm thankful for my dear friends who have patiently stuck around for years despite my inadequacy and immaturity.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I'm thankful for my strong, healthy body that has carried me miles and miles and continues to allow me to reach my fitness goals.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to study at BYU, where I have met such extraordinary and admirable people and learned crucially important things.

I'm thankful for the jobs I have had since I have been at college, not only for the financial security they allow me, but for enabling me to meet such wise and enjoyable colleagues who have mentored and taught me and given me advice in hard situations.


There's more. There's so much more. There's more than I even realize. But this pretty much covers my bases. I hope I have done everyone in my life justice in letting them know how grateful I am for them and how much of a blessing they have been to me. Out of everything that I have, my relationships with the people I love are the most important to me, and you may never know what influence you have had on me or how much your love has meant to me, but I can only hope that someday I can repay that kindness.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment