Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A cleanse can do crazy things to a girl..

I've never been big on preparing food. Usually it takes a brownie (batter) or cookie (dough) craving to motivate me to bake or a lack of access to any microwavable foods to stimulate my putting any more effort into food preparation than sticking multiple substances between two slices of bread. Partly this has to do with the fact that for the last year I haven't had the necessary cooking equipment to do anything fancy, nor the energy to shop for ingredients.
Since for the past two weeks I have had to deprive myself of all things worth eating, I fantasize about food a lot. It's probably very unhealthy. Still, it has somehow catalyzed my domestic female gene. I guess it took 14 days of sugar deprivation to for me to realize that I secretly have a passion for baking. Suddenly, I just wanna bake everything. Even though I know I won't be able to eat it. I've realized how much food makes me happy. I was googling a recipe for peanut butter banana bread and I stumbled across Joy the Baker whose blog contains so many delicious-sounding recipes that I almost died looking at it. On my sudden baking impulse, I accepted an invitation to go to Ryan's house to make peanut butter banana bread for him, but he only had wienie ingredients, so i had to use this lame recipe instead. Warning! Even though the recipe says 70-75 minutes, that's entirely too long. I'd go with 60. Tops. Anyway, here's how it turned out:
According to Ryan, it's delicious. I wouldn't know, because I'm still torturing myself with my cleanse. It smelled awesome though and it was definitely tempting. 9 days until I can bake something delicious for myself! And my roommates!!!!! I can't wait to move in :D

No comments:

Post a Comment