Sunday, April 10, 2011

Is your refrigerator running?

Haha, this picture seriously kills me.


I haven't had an update in some time. Mostly because I didn't have any recent pictures to post with it. So you guys get leftovers =/ sorry. But anyway. The last few weeks, with the semester coming to an end and everything, things have been pretty hectic. This Wednesday will be the last day of school of my Freshman year of college and it's kind of sad. Pretty much all of the guys I've been interacting with for the last nine months will be heading off on missions soon, which is pretty incredible to think about when I realize that in two years we all will be very different people. As for the girls, I won't see most of them ever again. I will, however, be seeing these ones
...because I'll be living with them!! And I am just absolutely elated about that. However, we will be separated for the summer as we each embark upon our different adventures. I'm continuing my education during Spring term and then heading to Colorado to rekindle some ties with my old lovers, Caroline is traveling the world, Katie is headed home to Oregon to work her crazy dedicated behind off and Hailey is going back to Arizona to make it even hotter.
I will be hanging out with this adorable Draper native during my extended stay at BYU this Spring:

I feel so blessed that these young ladies have stumbled into my life. They have each been an answer to my prayers and having them around has been exactly what I needed. I really can't articulate how much I have truly come to love them, even in the short time that I've known them. I look forward to getting to know them all like the back of my hand ;) And much of that will be going on this Thursday and Friday during our last trip to Deer Valley of the year for our final celebration together before we all go our separate ways. I can't wait. And I'm sure you can't either, because inevitably it means another exciting blog entry and lots of pictures.

Now I've never been good at transitions, but I wanna change subjects now because I've had a lot of things on my mind the last few days that I just want to share with anyone who's interested enough in me that they're willing to read my lame blog. These thoughts were catalyzed by my recent experiences with boys, one in particular. I guess it's nothing too serious, and it's not like I've had my heart shattered to bits or anything. But I have experienced a great deal of disappointment the last couple of months, and I would say I deserved better than the treatment I received except that I settled for it. I have high hopes, and I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I always hold onto things a lot longer than I ought to. I'm very idealistic, especially in relationships. I'm not difficult to please, but I'm pretty easy to disappoint. That's OK cause I bounce right back and I try not to hold on to the negative. Still, I can't help but feel that a guy who really cares about me will act like it. Someday, I'm going to end up with someone who makes me ridiculously happy enough of the time to make up for all of the times he makes me sad, angry, frustrated, or otherwise upset. I'm betting that guy is going to be one who treats me right the first time around, not one who takes me for granted and has to lose me before realizing too late that he let go of something truly unique and special. I don't mind waiting for that guy, but in the meantime, I plan to not allow myself to spend my time with the ones who are only interested in wasting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment