Saturday, April 23, 2011

Let them eat cake

I just got home from my cousin Jenna's wedding reception. It was perfect.
Their cake (which my talented, tireless aunt made) was so cute. Love birds. Agh so clever.
 

I didn't take any more pictures cause I don't like to be quite that open about how much of a stalker I actually am. Just know that the entire event was very well put together and very beautiful, and seeing the two of them so happy was inspiring. They are very much each other's complement.
Now I'm not trying to get married anytime soon or anything, but naturally, witnessing this made me think about my own future. They say you should marry someone with whom you can be "equally yoked." In church, at least once a year since I turned 12, they would make us girls write a list of qualities we wanted in our future husbands. Then they'd say something like, "now read that list, and ask yourself if you possess those qualities, because it's not fair to expect that of someone if you're not working on those things also." I've been thinking about that sort of thing recently more than ever. Up to this point, I haven't been behaving the way I ought to in order to be deserving of the kind of man I want to end up with. I believe everyone deserves to be happy regardless of the mistakes they have made, myself included. However, I know I have a long journey ahead of me and a lot of big changes to make before I can attain the kind of happiness I really want, and I have every intention of doing so, because ultimately I get what I want. I have a tendency of procrastinating the things I need to do, and this is no different. But like always, I will do what needs to be done. Better late than never. I may lose a lot of battles, but I make sure to win the war.

P.S. Here's a pic of me before I left for the wedding. I feel like I haven't put up any flattering pictures of me lately and I just wanted to remind everyone that I don't always look awful.

By the way, happy Easter tomorrow everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment